Committed to the Environment
Bennett Mineral Company is a family owned and operated business. We have a tradition of excellence and a firm commitment to the environment in our production of cat litter, agricultural, and industrial absorbent products.
Our products are manufactured using our exclusive Bio-Energy Process, which uses sawdust as fuel for clay drying. This process saves millions of gallons of otherwise imported fuel and produces no pollutants to the atmosphere.
By using this process, in the past three years alone, we have saved:
- 6.1 million gallons of diesel
- More than 5.5 million gallons of gasoline
- Almost 650 million cubic feet of natural gas
Our commitment to the environment has garnered positive recognition such as:
- Recipient of Virginia Statewide Mineral Mining Reclamation Awards Program
- Certificate of Recognition for Bennett Mineral Company’s “excellence in reclamation.” Bestowed by Virginia’s 67th Governor, George Allen
- Excellent track record of employee safety and customer satisfaction.
In addition to our Bio-Energy Process, we are also committed to the reclamation of our mines into pristine recreation areas. Here are just a few of the reclaimed mines we are proud to enjoy: